BVAQ are endorsed by the Allergen Bureau to deliver VITAL® Program training, and have been delivering this training since the incorporation of FACTA in 2013. The VITAL program is a quantitative risk based approach for food producers to assess the impact of allergen cross contact and to assist in providing appropriate precautionary allergen labelling.
2023 Training Dates
|October 11||September 13 - Brisbane|
|November 15 - Melbourne|
*specialised on-site group training is also available
Latest version released October 2019.
The VITAL® Program, developed to provide a quantitative risk-based approach for food producers to assess the impact of allergen cross contact and to assist in providing appropriate precautionary allergen labelling, has been recently updated to VITAL® 3.0.
There have been significant changes with the new release of VITAL® 3.0, including:
- New and updated Reference Doses
- Updates to the calculators functionality, as well as
- Changes to the training program with the inclusion of the Allergen Risk Review Program.
BVAQ’s experienced facilitator has a professional and down-to-earth style that incorporates real-life scenarios to ensure the training is relevant to you and your workplace.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
Individuals working in food service and food manufacturing facilities involved in:
- Operations / production,
- Production scheduling
- Food safety and QA managers
- Research and Development personnel.
The principles of risk profiling and allergen management are applicable to the broader food industry, incorporating raw material providers, manufacturers, co-packers, traders, food service and retailers.
WHAT AREAS WILL THE TRAINING COVER?
- General Food Allergy, Labelling and Analysis
- Principles of allergen management, including the use of the Allergen Risk Review Website
- VITAL® 3.0 Theory and the scientific approach
- The context in which it should be used, it’s application for raw materials, goods for further processing and finished products
- Use of VITAL® 3.0 as a risk assessment and management tool
- Practical examples to work through using the VITAL® 3.0 Online Calculator
FEES AND CONTACT INFORMATION
- Virtual Training - $560 (ex GST)
- Face to Face Training - $700 (ex GST)
(Discount available to Allergen Bureau Members)
Contact: Jasmine Lacis-Lee
(03) 8371 7600